Re: [Monotone-devel] Transport encryption

From: Michael Neumann
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Transport encryption
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 13:10:41 +0200

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 09:59:03AM +0200, Jon Bright wrote:

Using SSH is just as easy as using Telnet, though, and avoids me having to think too much about what I'm transferring, whether there are eavesdroppers, etc. The same can be said of encryption in monotone. If (for me as a user) it's nice and simple to use encryption and basically has no noticeable penalty, then I gain the same warm, fuzzy feelings I gain from using SSH --- even if I don't actually really need the encryption.

Okay, right, sure -- since we _can_ make things private, and users
sort of expect things they say over the internet to be private, we
definitely should, whenever possible.

I was just saying that I wasn't following why the original poster
thought that it was critical, rather than just a might-as-well,
occasionally people need it, sort of thing.

It's not critical, but would be *very* desirable.

Regards,

  Michael