Re: [Monotone-devel] rfc on h: selector behavior

From: Emile Snyder
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] rfc on h: selector behavior
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:52:37 -0700

On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 00:15 -0700, Emile Snyder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Do people think that an h:branch selector to find the heads of a branch
> should accept globbing wildcard characters like the b: selector?  So if
> you said

Ok, no one argued against it, there were a couple of lukewarm "might be
useful", and it preserves consistency.  I'm gonna go ahead and check it
in; if anyone feels it's the wrong choice it's easy to turn off.

> erase_ancestors(b:*)
> or
> union (erase_ancestors(b:b1), erase_ancestors(b:b2), ...)

This seems like a thornier question.  I still feel like the union() one
follows the least surprise principle better.  If anyone feels like the
ambiguity of which it will do makes either answer surprising, we can
turn it (globbing the h: value) off.

Thanks all,
-emile