Re: [Monotone-devel] rfc on h: selector behavior

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] rfc on h: selector behavior
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:33:42 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:32:08 +1000, Daniel Carosone
<address@hidden> said:

dan> It might start with an OR operation in selector strings, to
dan> complement the / for AND.

Just a small point: it's a little odd to me to express selectors in
terms of OR and AND.  I do understand that your idea is drawn from
binary arithmetics, but it might be confusing to some considering
there's also a conditional meaning to AND and OR, see for example the
C operators && and ||.  It might be better to express these combined
selectors in terms of UNION and INTERSECTION.  I find those words much
more precise in this matter.

Cheers,
Richard

-----