[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone update does not always update MT/options

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone update does not always update MT/options
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:00:23 +0200

Matthew Gregan <address@hidden> writes:

> At 2005-10-19T23:19:46+0200, Wim Oudshoorn wrote:
>> aclocal: configure.ac: 47: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
>> aclocal: configure.ac: 48: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION' not found in
>> library
>> aclocal: configure.ac: 49: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library
>> nelly:~/src/monotone woudshoo$ autoreconf --install
>> Can't exec "autopoint": No such file or directory at
>> /usr/share/autoconf/Autom4te/FileUtils.pm line 288, <GEN0> line 437.
>> autoreconf: failed to run autopoint: No such file or directory
>
> (Note that this is mentioned in the INSTALL document in the source tree.)

Yes, I know, and I have version 1.6 instead of 1.7.  Although I am
not sure if that would make a difference.

> It's easier than the alternatives.  Let me know when something comes along
> that is easier to work with than the auto* tools, and solves the same
> problems.  Until then...

I feel very very tempted to continue the discussion about auto* tools, but
I won't.  The monotone mailing list is not the place for that, and
I regret venting my frustation.  Also for the record, I do see the
advantages of such a system and might even use it myself if I ever
needed something similar.

So on a more constructive note, it seems there is some automated
build and testing system at work for monotone.  Would it be possible
to make these builds available?  Something like the last
10 builds for the various platforms, indexed by there hashes, something like:

Latest builds
 03909d93049..   - for windows
 0999103849..    - .deb file for linux ...
 8918498109..    - for MacOS

Can be handy when asking people to test something :-)
I realize it might be more hassle than its worth.

Wim Oudshoorn.