Re: [Monotone-devel] Poll: another possible problem migrating to rosters

From: Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Poll: another possible problem migrating to rosters
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:13:18 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:50:58 -0800, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> In monotone, it used to be possible to import two totally different
njs> copies of a project, and then later decide to merge them, producing a
njs> graph that looks like:
njs>    A   B
njs>    |   |
njs>    C   D
njs>     \ /
njs>      E
njs> i.e., E is descended from multiple graph roots.
njs> So, in this one particular case, there's simply no sensible new-style
njs> ancestry graph we can map the above example to.  My question is: does
njs> anyone have such histories out there in the wild that they will want
njs> to migrate, and if so, can we get details on what you have now, so we
njs> can figure out what the best solution to preserve your history will
njs> be?

Hmm, it seems to me like the following collection might be what you're
after:

Server:      repository.lp.se
Collection:  se.kth.pdc.rfc3820*

It's not a very fast uplink, so be gentle :-).

(if anyone wonders, it's code I worked on for a college to bring proxy
certificates into OpenSSL.  The result has been merged back into
OpenSSL)

Cheers,
Richard

-----