Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] once more on bookkeeping dirs...

From: rghetta
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] [bikeshed] once more on bookkeeping dirs...
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:16:51 +0100

Derek Scherger wrote:
I seriously think we should decouple the renaming of things from the 0.26 release. Since all of this is so bike-shed-y anyhow, there's no sense rushing into something silly for the sake of this one, already big, release. None of what we've seen is any better, or any worse, than what we already have. People will probably complain either way but since there isn't much in the way of consensus perhaps the status quo is the right thing for now.
I agree.

How many complaints about MT have we heard? I don't really like the "_" prefix or "-longish-suffix" things, but I don't have any problem with MT or MTN or MTO or MMM. Visible doesn't seem to be a bad thing and it's worked for CVS for 20+ years.
I agree also with this. I, however, strongly dislike the .something alternative. I've had many bad experiences with .svn, thanks (I keep forgetting about it and making all sort of stupid mistakes).

Ciao,
Riccardo