Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:04:21 +0100

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
It's an obfuscated way of saying, having it be abbreviated "mt" some
places and "mtn" other places is annoying and confusing.  (And this is
a part of the discussion of choosing an abbreviated name for the
executable itself, most likely "mtn", see list archives for
reasoning.)

Hrmm... is the new name "mtn" for the executable already set? I'm always doing

$ alias mo="monotone"

- or is there a rule that the abbrev *has* to be three chars? Other than that the abbrev "mtn" always reminds me on the "mta" value of my DSL router configuration =)

Thomas.