Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:49:39 -0800

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 12:13:25PM +0100, Marcel van der Boom wrote:
> On the risk of being burned down, not having followed the details on
> all threads on the bikeshed, what *exactly* is *wrong* the the
> current 'MT' ?

There are cognitive and referential benefit to having a unique single
abbreviation.

Err... sorry.  Friends don't let friends write email when in the
middle of reading social psychology books.

It's an obfuscated way of saying, having it be abbreviated "mt" some
places and "mtn" other places is annoying and confusing.  (And this is
a part of the discussion of choosing an abbreviated name for the
executable itself, most likely "mtn", see list archives for
reasoning.)

"...All of this suggests that if we wished to find a modern-day model
for British and American speech of the late eighteenth century, we could
probably do no better than Yosemite Sam."