Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] clarifications about bookkeeping dir
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 21:22:11 +0100

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
Effectively replying to a few different emails here...
  -- "MTN" is not one of the options.  It conflicts with the
     executable name on case insensitive filesystems.  The bookkeeping
     dir must have a name one would not otherwise use, and obviously
     if we're _shipping_ a file named that it is hard to argue that it
     will not be otherwise used :-).

At least for Win32, this isn't an issue. It's not going to try and execute the directory. I don't know about ancient MacOS filesystems or VMS. Richard?

--
Jon