Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug #21545 -- really annoying

From: Yury Polyanskiy
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Bug #21545 -- really annoying
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:27:45 -0400

On Thu, 22 May 2008 07:17:05 -0500
Matthew Nicholson <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Yury Polyanskiy wrote:
> >> Please consider this bug... It always causes problems when updating
> >> upstream releases: you update, make a tag then realize that
> >> something was missing and you have to add the tag again.
> >
> > Hm.. I see your point. However, there is 'mtn add --recursive',
> > which you might want to use together with '--missing'.
> >

> I got hit by the same problem recently before I realized i needed
> --recursive.  Does it make sense to make this recursive by default?
>
> I guess if I wanted to only add unknown files in a specific
> directory, I could use a restriction to the current dir (mtn add
> --unknown .).  I remember some discussion about mtn ls unknown and
> such always acting from the root directory a while back.

Ah, ok. Thanks for suggestion. However notice that
$ mtn ls --recursive unknown
mtn: misuse: option error: unknown option 'recursive'

Also, I think that mtn add --unknown should imply --recursive. If you
want to add a single directory only, use 'mtn add newdir/' explicitly.
The only purpose that I see in using add --unknown is incorporating new
upstream releases.

Best,
Yury

PS. BTW, another bug:
$ mtn suspend t:ABC old.branch; mtn co -r t:ABC
mtn: misuse: multiple branch certs found for revision <>, please provide a
branch name