Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.asio

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] nvm.asio
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 15:26:36 +0100

Hi,

sorry, I sent the email too early. This should have read as follows:

Markus Wanner wrote:
> Same arguments apply here: doesn't it make sense to include the asio
> headers in monotone source, ...

.. instead of adding yet another dependency.

Another dependency to discuss is sqlite, which is even more in the
spirit of the earlier nvm.library-build branch. How about integrating
the amalgamation variant in our source tree and provide configure time
switches between the system provided library and the built in variant?

However, integrating header-only dependencies buys us much more than
integrating sqlite, because the former allows us to drop the dependency
entirely and rely on the shipped variant. Where as the later only add
another option.

Regards

Markus Wanner