Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Time for a release
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:19:50 -0400

Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd like to release the next version of monotone on Friday evening,
> around 10pm MEST.

I'd like to see some progress on the Cygwin package for this release.

I rely on Cygwin for 'sync ssh:' to our central server, and 'sync
file:' to a USB flash disk.

For everything else I use the MinGW build.

So normally I can use an old Cygwin version. But since the database
needs to be migrated with this version, a Cygwin release is needed.

I can help put it together. At the very least, I'd like to see a
README.Cygwin documenting what is known so far about building the
Cygwin package.

As a fallback, I can build a Cygwin mtn executable and distribute it
to my team outside the Cygwin package manager, but that's much less
than optimal. Many others using Windows will need the Cygwin version
for the same reasons I do.

--
-- Stephe