[Monotone-devel] Re: Time for a release

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Time for a release
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 14:35:22 +0200

Stephen Leake wrote:
> I can help put it together. At the very least, I'd like to see a
> README.Cygwin documenting what is known so far about building the
> Cygwin package.

Oh but that part is as ready and as easy as "cygport monotone-0.44 all"
the main show-stopper for a cygwin monotone 0.44+ package is the lack of
lua and botan as packages.

The first exists unofficially (but an OFFICIAL package is needed for all
dependencies of every official package) and the latter doesn't exist yet
(though I have an half-ready one sitting in my $HOME and I'm willing to
maintain it as an official package).

> As a fallback, I can build a Cygwin mtn executable and distribute it
> to my team outside the Cygwin package manager, but that's much less
> than optimal.

I do perfectly agree. I'm also a big user of my own packages.
(or I wouldn't maintain them in the first place, probably)

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“I think, therefore I am… I think.” (Nordom, videogame "Torment", 1999)