Re: [Monotone-devel] heads up: file system changes

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] heads up: file system changes
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:39:48 -0700

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:55 AM, Stephen Leake >
> I'll look at it more later, but I suspect the simplest fix is to just
> move the original do_remove_recursive into win32/fs.cc.

Yah, or you should be able to copy the unix version, which isn't very
unix specific.  You might need more make_accessible calls though.

> What is the rationale for making this platform-specific? It would help
> if that rationale was documented in the code.

The immediate reason is, we need do_remove_recursive to work on raw
pathname strings so it can delete things that can't be represented as
pathname objects.  The only place to put code that works on raw
pathname strings is {unix,win32}/fs.cc.

Notionally, in the future, we might want to switch everything in
win32/fs.cc over to the Unicode APIs, and do_remove_recursive would be
no exception, but I surely am not doing that work.

zw