Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] workflow pics

From: James Howison
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] workflow pics
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:10:55 -0400

Sorry; I just saw your later message about customizations, I guess the federation questions are still relevant :)

On Jun 30, 2008, at 11:07 AM, James Howison wrote:

We're trying to build a community of researchers in the domain of those studying free and open source software development, so without meaning to criticize your efforts, may I ask why you are building a separate site and not 'just a group' on myexperiment.com? Do you need customizations etc?

The question of federation of open-source-but-hosted web apps is a broad one; I wondered if the myexperiment crowd had any guidance on questions like these. For example federated search would relieve some of the difficulties of separated sites...