[Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Towards a cyberinfrastructure for the biologi

From: Peter Ansell
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Towards a cyberinfrastructure for the biological sciences: progress, visions and challenges
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:31:23 +1000 (EST)

----- "Marco Roos" <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: "Marco Roos" <address@hidden>

Wiki's explicitly allow for a permanent link to a particular version of
something. Hopefully an implementation of a wiki-like workflow editor online,
will have similar characteristics so that you can still use a particular
version to reproduce a past result if you need to, provided the web services
still exist and haven't changed their interface ;-) It would also be nice to be
able to get corrected versions via the wiki mechanism though and that would
suit the Web 2.0 way, as opposed to publications to which corrections are hard
to make.

A commenting feature, similar to the way Nature implemented possibly in
reference to the paper that started this thread, would also be useful to give
explanations of the way a workflow works for instance or a textual description
of which circumstances it doesn't work in.

Cheers,

Peter