Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment wiki is down....

From: David R Newman
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment wiki is down....
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:06:51 +0100

Hi All,

As far as we can tell there are no problems with the server the wiki is hosted on and we haven't been able to replicate the problem internally. It is unlikely to be a firewalling issue as I have run a couple of ping tests from external machines. What seems most likely is that some router between here and Manchester is advertising a rogue IPv6 route. Ideally we'd like to figure out whether this is the case and resolve it. But in the short term if the wiki appears to be down and you need to get at it, disabling IPv6 on you local machine should allow you to do this.

Has anyone outside Manchester had problems getting at the wiki? If so were you on Janet at the time?

Regards

David Newman