Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment wiki is down....

From: Alan Williams
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment wiki is down....
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:24:31 +0100

Danius Michaelides wrote:
[snip]

If you recall, Alan, we had a problem with your machine accessing the wiki
before and disabling ipv6 in firefox seemed to sort it out. Can you check
that its still disabled?

network.dns.disableIPv6: true

Yes it's still set. If it wasn't, then the wiki would probably be permanently inaccessible.

Can you see:
  http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/
and
  http://www.soton.ac.uk/

?

Yes and yes.  However, wiki.myexperiment.org is also currently visible.

If/when wiki.myexperiment.org stops working for you, can you check the above
addresses, and also sandbox.myexperiment.org.

Will do.

Looking at the logs for the webserver that wiki.myexperiment.org is on, I
cant see any break in service today.

Aren't intermittent faults fun :-(

We had a similar issue a while back with the connection between Manchester and the Moby people going mysteriously down. It didn't appear to affect anything else but we never found out what was causing it.

Danius

Alan