nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] regarding color syntax

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] regarding color syntax
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:59:25 -0700

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 04:30:33PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> --- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >     I've been meaning to write this for some time.  I don't think we
> >can have a 1.2 release until we can do one more thing in the syntax
> >highlighting arena, and that is color the following string properly:
> >
> >"This strings contains two \"quote characters\" in it".
> >
> >Do we have any regex wizards in the house?  Currently the two words in
> >the escaped quotes are not colorized...
>
> With quote36b.patch applied, this problem doesn't occur,
> at least not when using the c-file syntax in nanorc.sample
> (which is all I've tested so far, since I'm no regex
> wizard).

I'm gonna have to look at this patch.  In the meantime I adapted one from
a webpage
(http://www.wodeveloper.com/omniLists/webobjects-dev/2001/January/msg00031.html)
and got the nano equivalent "\"(\\.|[^\\"])*\"" for the .nanorc.  I'm
going to pick up the book Mastering Regular Expressions tonight so I can
get a clue about these wonderous things.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001