nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates (yes, I'm still alive...)

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates (yes, I'm still alive...)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:40:28 +0200

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:31:51PM -0400, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> >Both do Meta-E?
> Oops: that should be Meta-U.

Ah. :)

> >I don't know, but maybe using a toggle for this tiny feature is a bit
> >too much.
> To tell you the truth, I was on the fence about it myself.  It's removed
> now; it can always be controlled via the command line or the rcfile
> option anyway.

Yeah, that was my point. 99% of the users aren't going to care at all
anyway :)

> >How many letters are left?
> After the above change, two: Meta-U and Meta-Q.  (I would have preferred
> Meta-U and Meta-E, for "Undo" and "Redo" whenever they get in, but I
> couldn't think of a description for --tabstospaces that involved the
> letter Q.  Maybe Meta-- and Meta-+ could work?)

Hmm, we're starving, as I feared. Yes, saving E and U for undo/redo
would be excellent.

Regarding Q, if you think about it, it's not so important that the meta
is a letter included in the description. That would be en locale
dependant anyway.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/