nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Smooth Horizontal Scroll patch

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Smooth Horizontal Scroll patch
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:12:37 +0200

On Thu, May 15, 2014, at 8:18, Mark Majeres wrote:
> Attached is a patch that adds horizontal scrolling to the entire page.

Oh!  Nice!  This I have wanted for a long time!

>  It is applied to svn rev4888.  The feature is active if 'smooth
> scroll' is set and 'soft wrap' is not set.

Well, it will have to be activated by a command-line/nanorc option,
the default will have to stay what it was, but that is something for
later.

For now, there is the tabs problem again.  With the patch applied,
do src/nano ChangeLog, go to the second line, and then do:

<End>  <Delete>  <Delete>  <End>

It doesn't get to the real end of the line.  Then do:

<Home>  <Delete>  <End>

Now it's at the actual end.

But... thanks a lot for making this!  It will be a great thing to
have for 2.3.4.

Benno