nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Nano with Line Numbering
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 09:45:40 +0200

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016, at 15:32, Faissal Bensefia wrote:
> "After a quick test, it works.  But I don't like the bold -- it attracts
> too much the attention.  If it were possible, I would use a greyed-out
> tone."
> The issue is that there needs to be something to differentiate it from
> the text.

No, there isn't -- the tight vertical arrangement is indication enough.

> [...]

Please configure your mailer to use normal email quoting,
using > before quoted lines.  Your mail is hard to read --
the contrast between your text and mine are some tiny "
here and there.

> "What is the use case for hexadecimal line numbers?"
> Assembly jump alignment.

I have no idea what that is.

> "What does below comment mean?  What do you want to represent in hex?"
> Don't worry about that, I just forgot to remove that.

Well, yes, I suspected that.  But that means you provided a
messy patch, which annoys me.

> "And src/revision.h should not be in your patch; it should not be under
> version control."
> Fixed, it turns out my commits came before it was added to .gitignore

There is still a revision.h is your patch.  Read the last
paragraph of README.GIT.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own