[Nel] File formats+other stuff

From: robofly
Subject: [Nel] File formats+other stuff
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:35:04 -0800

Hi,

We're experimenting with NEL, great work :)  We are
developing an MMRPG called "Warp Storm" and subscribe
to the Open Source development model.  Our company
and game is born from an GPL'ed project I've been
leading since 1998 called Bang formerly known as
JavaMOO.  Now we have a funded development effort
going and have offices in San Francisco and Reykjavík,
Iceland.

We are considering assigning few full time programmers
helping expanding the NEL code-base.

I've gathered that there is support for .3ds for objects
and .bmp for textures.  Is this correct?

Is there any animation support?

In what format is the landscape data tiles?

Do you have an example of a config file for the
client?

What glues .3ds object files to the landscape
data?

Warm regards,
Róbert Viðar Bjarnason
address@hidden