Re[2]: [Nel] File formats+other stuff

From: robofly
Subject: Re[2]: [Nel] File formats+other stuff
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:16:45 -0800

Hi Vianney,

Monday, January 08, 2001, 3:15:48 AM, you wrote:
VL> Just a question, why do you want the client config file?
VL> The client automatically create the config file if the config file is not
VL> found.

I just wanted it to see what initial configuration
elements you were using.  I wanted this to gain
better understanding of the NeL platform.  I had already
taken a look at the link you sent me earlier and
it does not reveal anything about the actual content
of the config file.

VL> Anyway, you *can't* run the client because game data are not available for
VL> now.
VL> (you should wait few weeks ;-)

Why did you decide to release NeL as an Open Source
project on the Internet if there is no way to
run it once compiled?

We have a lot of game assets ready that we would
love to test out in the NeL engine.  We use mostly
Maya for our content but we have a couple of 3D Max
licences as well.  Our content currently includes;
textured characters with animations, buildings,
props, height maps and landscape textures.

Warm regard,
Róbert Viðar Bjarnason
address@hidden