Re: [Nel] invisible users

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] invisible users
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 18:04:29 +0100

Robert Bjarnason writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 >
 > Monday, February 25, 2002, 1:59:09 AM, you wrote:
 > LD> It would be a lot easier if you provide the code you wrote.
 > LD> Guessing is less efficient than debugging ;-) Where can I download it ?
 >
 > Our code tree is at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/bang/.
 > The service in question is the player service.  We have figured
 > out a part of the problem, I don't think Michael has committed
 > the fix yet, we recently started working on this code-base
 > again...  We basically started from scratch with the Snowballs
 > services and are re-implementing features... We want to move
 > our game-mech system over to the NeL agent system, hopefully
 > we'll be able to do that soon.

        Thanks for the pointer. I started to compile it and ran into
many minor compilation issues (see the patch below). When the server
refused to link I started to ask myself if I was using the proper code
base ;-) It looks like part of the client/src should be included in a
support library so that the server can use it. Are you running into
the same problems or am I missing something ?

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/bang co warpstorm_alpha

        My configuration is GNU/Linux, STL-4.5, today's nel CVS,
gcc-2.95.4, ATI Radeon 7500 / 64Mb, linux-2.4.17 (Radeon DRM),
XFree-4.2.

        Also, I guess that I'll need some sample data files at some
point. Could you tell me where they can be found ?

        Cheers,

You'll have to copy the acinclude.m4 file from snowballs2 and run
the sh bootstrap script again.