Re[2]: [Nel] invisible users

From: Robert Bjarnason
Subject: Re[2]: [Nel] invisible users
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:22:02 -0800

Hi Loic,

LD> Thanks for the pointer. I started to compile it and ran into
LD> many minor compilation issues (see the patch below). When the server
LD> refused to link I started to ask myself if I was using the proper code
LD> base ;-) It looks like part of the client/src should be included in a
LD> support library so that the server can use it. Are you running into
LD> the same problems or am I missing something ?

Actually we just started to work on this codebase again,
last commit was over 3 months ago when things were
a little different ;)  Thanks for the patch :)
Michael is working on a re-implementation of the
server code-base and will commit soon...

And yes we need to separate classes that are common
with the client and server, those classes are mostly
game-mech related, definition of dynamic objects,
weapons and stuff like that.  Next step for us is to
create those using the NeL level design tools and
agent system.

When we were last working on this demo, we didn't have
the tools to create the PACS data for our Landscape, so
the landscape is from Snowballs.

LD> Also, I guess that I'll need some sample data files at some
LD> point. Could you tell me where they can be found ?

We'll put the content that is needed in addition to the
snowballs landscape online soon.

Thanks,
Robert