Re: [Nmh-workers] RC3

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] RC3
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:02:23 -0500

>Be sure to also do step 2 from README.developers process (a ChangeLog entry
>to mark the release of the version in question).

Good point; thanks for the pointer.

>Hmm.  Okay, I see, /usr/include/sasl.h is the 1.5 version of the header, and
>/usr/include/sasl/sasl.h is the 2.1 version.  I presume this happens if you
>install Cyrus 2.1 with some kind of 1.x compatibility turned on or
>something?

No, definately not.  There's no compatibility for the old SASL API.
Is there a /usr/lib/libsasl.* ?  This sounds like a RedHat-ism.

>Does 2.1 always install sasl.h in a "sasl" subdirectory?  If so,
>you could change it from #include <sasl.h> to #include <sasl/sasl.h> to get
>around the problem.

No, traditionally (installing it from the SASL distribution) it gets
installed in $(prefix)/include.  Sigh, another RedHat difference.

>Otherwise, some autoconf support will be necessary.

Since you can specify CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/sasl, I don't think it's
critical right now.  I'd really rather push 1.1 out the door at this
stage, since it's been so delayed.