Re: [Nmh-workers] Help!

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Help!
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:05:02 -0700

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:
>>Well, maybe you could 'look at the headers... and see which host..,', but I
>>can't. So I'm forwarding a typical bounce, in the hope that you'll do it.
>
>As others have mentioned ... you're submitting your email to the localhost
>MTA, instead of your ISP smarthost.
>
>I didn't remember the details of your original problem, so I looked it up
>here:
>
>http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2012-02/msg00198.html
>
>The conclusion of that thread was that you would send "norm" email to
>the localhost MTA (via -server localhost) and everything else would go
>to your ISP smarthost.

That's what I do now. I only use 'send -server localhost', for messages
addressed to plain 'norm' and nobody else. If I inadvertently attempt to use
plain 'send' to send a message addressed to plain 'norm', I get an error
message. All this had worked well, from February, sending many messages to
address@hidden, with no bounces. Then, a few weeks ago, those message started
bouncing. As far as I know, I've made no changes to my nmh environment, on the
relevant computer, (which is not the computer from which this Email will come)
since February.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue
    Palo Alto CA 94306-3109