Re: [Nmh-workers] Garbage collection

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Garbage collection
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:57:03 -0500

>the entire jive about "EBCDIC-safe" was never
>anything other than insanely bizarre. the concept
>made no sense because there are keypunch patterns
>defined for every byte value 0x00 through 0xff.

I don't disagree with you; I only report the news, I don't make it.
FWIW, "EBCDIC-safe" characters are the usual printable ones in ASCII,
but excluding odd choices like !, ", #, $, @. <, =, >.

Paul, next time you happen to see Marshall Rose at some Internet Geezer
meetup maybe you can ask him about it?  Just for old time's sake :-)