Re: [Nmh-workers] Ditch autoconf selection of pager?

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Ditch autoconf selection of pager?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:02:24 -0800

On 2013-01-14, at 2:54 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> Die-hard cranks like Lyndon aside (and I mean that as a compliment), we
> had a bunch of complaints before the last release that we were using
> POSIX constructs in the test suite that didn't work with the Solaris
> /bin/sh (the test suite got changed to the older syntax).  So the answer
> is definitely "yes".

Solaris is why I want to see all hardwired paths to commands eradicated from
the code base. I want nmh to pay attention to the '/usr/xpg4/bin' at the front
of my $PATH.  I have no problem at all with making PATH=/usr/xpg4/bin:$PATH a
requirement for building nmh on Solaris.

And for the record, most of us die hard cranks are editing with acme these days
:-)

--lyndon