Re: [Nmh-workers] Ditch autoconf selection of pager?

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Ditch autoconf selection of pager?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:15:46 -0800

On 2013-01-14, at 3:02 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:

> Solaris is why I want to see all hardwired paths to commands eradicated from
> the code base. I want nmh to pay attention to the '/usr/xpg4/bin' at the
> front of my $PATH.  I have no problem at all with making
> PATH=/usr/xpg4/bin:$PATH a requirement for building nmh on Solaris.

Yes, I realize that doesn't fix the #!/bin/sh issue on Solaris.  Maybe next
century Oracle will get their OS out of the 1960s.  Gack. I'm reminded of
arguing with the USG people about why the /bin/sh on the 3B4000 still
recognized '^' as a "pipe" character.  Thank gawd for source code licenses.  By
the time I got that machine semi-functional I'm sure I had ported a third of
the 4.2BSD source tree across to it :-)

And don't get me started about Lachman and Wollongong :-P

--cranky