Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:08:22 -0400

>i don't recall us ever discussing the possibility of making the '#'
>character that introduces mhbuild directives configurable by the user.
>
>for instance, if the leading character were '}', i don't think i would
>ever have a conflict with "real" text.
>
>interpretation of those directives is strictly within mhbuild,
>correct?  no leakage into other mh commands?

There used to be some leakage; for example, the old attach implementation
would parse the Nmh-Attachment headers and then create mhbuild directives.
I am not sure there is any leakage now.  But I am not in love with the idea
of changing the leading character, because that opens the box for "how should
we do MIME composition, anyway?"  Which is not going to be easy.  As a
comparison, MH-E has it's own syntax which seems to be XML-based.  I have
no idea if it's better or worse than mhbuild.