Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:41:39 -0400

>My opinion is that having special characters in the body is bad, like crossing
>the beams.  It was a good hack at the time but should be put out of our misery.
>I think that all MIME composition should be done via headers.  Y'all have done
>a bunch of work on my original attachment stuff.  In what way is it not good
>enough yet?

It's fine for 90% of what people normally want to do.  It's
just the rest of the stuff ... like creating multiparts like
multipart/alternative, or external-body references, or if you want to
create HTML and specify the Content-ID of attachments exactly.  Not
many people want to do that, it's true.  I'm not sure how we do that in
headers easily.