Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to forw(1)

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to forw(1)
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:35:10 +0100

Hi Paul,

> as i understand it, the only worry with not using an Nmh- prefix is
> with leaking headers.  since none of these are supposed to ever get
> out, conscientious scrubbing should get rid of them.

Headers in a draft are being used for two things.  Directives to nmh,
and verbatim headers to hit the wire.  In the former, we've Attach, but
also To, CC, etc., as they are examined rather than just passed through
by nmh.  I have

in my mail/components and I think they're all nmh directives too
inasmuch as it takes note of them?  I can plonk `Foo-Bar: Xyzzy 42'
there at the moment and it passes through.  Perhaps that's the problem.
Pass through, nmh ignores or doesn't expect, headers should be indicated
in some manner, e.g. colon prefix.  Then `Bc: norm' and `Attahc:
/home/ralph/paris.jpeg' aren't going to escape?

Incompatible change, I realise.  Just trying to step back a bit and see
why we ended up here.

https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy