Re: Improving the Octave website look

From: Keith Goodman
Subject: Re: Improving the Octave website look
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:14:28 -0700

On 6/28/06, Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden> wrote:

I already the issues below privately with JWE and he told me to post my
comments here.  The www.octave.org web site does not look nice here with
either Mozilla or Firefox (I have set here the minimum font size to 10pt):

    http://people.debian.org/~rafael/www-octave-org-original.png

I don't get that behavior with Mozilla or Firefox...

There are two problems: first, the left margin of the dvi#content element
is smaller than the width of the dvi#nav element.  Second, the background
of the section title is going behind the floating figure when the browser
window is made wider.  The div.section element must be cleared to the
left.  The simple patch attached below yields this:

    http://people.debian.org/~rafael/www-octave-org-fixed.png

...but this certainly looks better on your browser.