Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including all pa

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Test web-site of new octave-forge web-site including all packages
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:30:12 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
> | Could it be that gcvspl
> | licensing has changed since it entered octave-forge?
>
> Yes, it is possible.  Does anyone know precisely what the license is?
>
> jwe

The only license we currently have is that distributed with the source code

<quote>
This software is copyrighted, and may be copied for excercise,
study and use without authorization from the copyright owner(s), in
compliance with paragraph 16b of the Dutch Copyright Act of 1912
("Auteurswet 1912"). Within the constraints of this legislation, all
forms of academic and research-oriented excercise, study, and use are
allowed, including any necessary modifications. Copying and use as
object for commercial exploitation are not allowed without permission
of the copyright owners, including those upon whose work the package
is based.
</quote>

So, no it definitely is not GPL compatible at the moment..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary