Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Autoloading of toolboxes?
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:16:02 +0100

John W. Eaton skrev:
I don't think it is a good idea to load all packages by default.  That
Octave Forge was typically packaged and distributed this way is
something that I've never really liked, and was the reason I wanted to
have a package system that would make it easy to install add-ons in
smaller chunks.
I didn't like that octave-forge loaded ALL functions after an installation either. I do however not mind that all packages are loaded by default because I only install the packages I use. This logic does however fail in multiuser environments where global packages will be loaded for all users. So, perhaps we should autoload local packages and not global packages?

Søren