Re: Moving functions from octave to octave-forge?

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Moving functions from octave to octave-forge?
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:38:13 +0200

John W. Eaton skrev:
On 26-Apr-2007, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| When I look at the Table of Contents of the manual, I see some | chapters that seem very specialized to me. This makes me wonder if some | parts of Octave should be moved to packages at octave-forge? To be more | specific I'm thinking about: | | * Financial Functions
| * Control Theory
| * The colour conversion function in Image Processing
| * Quaternions

Yes, I agree that these functions should probably be moved to separate
packages.  It would help if someone could do that.
Creating packages from functions in Octave is an easy task, and I'd be happy to do it. The hard task is to determine which functions should be moved from Octave to Octave-Forge.

Søren