Re: parse tree generation

From: Brian W.
Subject: Re: parse tree generation
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 07:16:35 -0700 (PDT)

David Bateman-3 wrote:

> What do you want to do with the parse tree? I believe if you use "help"
> or "which" on a file it will force it to load and parse the file. Though
> I then know of no sensible why to access the parse tree from a script..

Although I'm not sure whether "help" and "which" really build the parse tree
(maybe), your hint led me to the function lookup_by_name in src/variables.cc
which seems to do what I need. Thank you!

What I plan to do is to improve the interpeter speed. Don't ask for details
- I am at the very beginning. And therefore I want to reuse the parse tree
built by octave whereever possible and change the implementation where
profiling indicates the highest expected gain.

Brian