Re: pkg manager improvement?

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: pkg manager improvement?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:06:50 +0200

On 5/21/07, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael Goffioul wrote:
> This looks OK to me (to would use the "rebuild" command in the WIndows
> installer). When rebuilding the global_list, do you check for the
> .autoload file
> presence to determine the "autoload" field of the corresponding package?
> (I didn't see it in the code).
>
> Michael.

No it just looks for the Autoload key in the DESCRIPTION file..

If the package manager also support changing the autoload status after
installation, woudln't it be better to use the actual autoload status instead
of the one from the DESCRIPTION file (this resumes to checking the existence
of .autoload file)?

Michael.