Re: wxt (was: Re: improved __contourc__.cc + filled contours)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: wxt (was: Re: improved __contourc__.cc + filled contours)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:58:15 +0200

On 10/15/07, Schirmacher, Rolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> > What terminal type do you get by default?
>
> Starting by a plot command in octave:
> looks like "windows" although pressing "h" on the plot window gives a help
> text in octave that talks about an x11 terminal window. Nevertheless, the
> only working keys I found are "h" for help and "q" for quit. I get the mouse
> pointer as a cross and the actual mouse position on the lower left of the
> windows border, so it looks like a "windows" term to me.

A noticeable difference between wxt and windows terminal (beside the fact
that wxt looks nicer) is the fact that the mouse coordinate is shown in a status
bar at the bottom of the figure window, while it's inside the figure window for
the windows terminal.

Check also whether you have any "DISPLAY" variable defined in your
environment.

Michael.