Re: Metis

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Metis
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 17:38:36 +0900 (JST)

--- David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> My point was not that its not possible to build a fully GPL compliant
> version of Cholmod, if we couldn't then there is no way we could use it
> in Octave. Rather my point was that Octave just uses the version of
> Cholmod that the user compiles and we can't control whether they built
> it with Metis or not.. However, the GPL forbids any distribution of the
> resulting binary...

Thanks David.
I do not understand the problem correctly.
If so and if the following techinically possible, the configure script check
the metis futures with
some check program, and stop building the octave and the show the message like.

The cholmod library with METIS library conflicts the GPL.
Please use the cholmod without METIS libarary.

Is this story right ?

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/