Re: Implementation of convn

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Implementation of convn
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 18:24:12 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> Would it be possible use the sharedprivate function to gain access to
> any private directory from any other?  That would sort of defeat the
> purpose of private directories.  Or is its restricted in some way?
> How?

Is that the purpose? I thought the purpose was to artificially restrict
the use of some set of functions to another set of functions to avoid
function namespace pollution. I don't think the purpose is to stop the
user having access to the files in the private directories. They need
read access to the files to use them in any case, so what is the
difference between copying the files in the private directory to
somewhere else, or using a sharedprivate function to obtain access to
them? This is not a security issue, and so no I don't think it defeats
the purpose of private directories..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only