Re: 3.0.1 release? (report on mingw)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: 3.0.1 release? (report on mingw)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:33:21 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Thanks for Michael for your detailed explanation.

Hi John. Perhaps it will take some time for me to get a good result on this
issue.
I do not want to be dalayed the dirsribution of 3.0.1 about it.

Fortunately there seem to be a temporal way to avoid the issue.
At the moment, I would like to use it.

Therefore please ignore the previous patch for lo-sysdep.cc that I have posted
previously.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:

> You have to be careful here and not mix up HAVE_LOADLIBRARY and
> HAVE_LOADLIBRARY_API. These correspond to 2 different things in
> the configure script:
>
> 1) HAVE_LOADLIBRARY is defined when the configure script detects
> the presence of LoadLibrary; however the check is buggy and it is always
> false, even on my system. I explained it in an earlier mail: LoadLibrary
> per se does NOT exist, it's either LoadLibraryA or LoadLibraryW; LoadLibrary
> is then simply #define'ed in some windows headers. The way the configure
> check is built cannot deal with this situation because the generated
> conftest.c does not include windows.h. In summary, on your platform,
> HAVE_LOADLIBRARY should not be defined and that's normal; it's
> the same for me.
>
> 2) HAVE_LOADLIBRARY_API is defined unconditionally by the configure
> script (configure.in: around line 1467) on Win32 platform (cygwin, msvc and
> mingw). So on your platform, HAVE_LOADLIBRARY_API *should* be
> defined; if it is not, then there's a serious problem. You should then look
> at $canonical_host_type variable within the configure script to see why it
> does not match the "case" statement (see configure.in to see what I mean).
>
> Now if you look at lo-utils.h, you'll see that windows.h inclusion is
> dependent on HAVE_LOADLIBRARY_API; so it's point 2) above that
> is important, and you can forget about point 1).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Michael.

GANBARE! NIPPON! Win your ticket to Olympic Games 2008.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ganbare-nippon/