Re: gl-render.cc: framework OpenGL on MacOSX

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: gl-render.cc: framework OpenGL on MacOSX
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:27:08 -0700

Ben Abbott wrote:

Von: Ben Abbott <address@hidden>
On Feb 10, 2009, at 8:18 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
Is there a changeset with all of these things?

jwe

Thomas is working on a changeset related to Mac OSX and OpenGL.

Hi Ben,

if the changeset I sent works for you (and I think it does from what I read in your last email) then please think about inclusion into the development branch. I don't have any further changes or improvements for MacOSX/OpenGL. The following days I'll continue having a look at the fltk_backend.cc once again.

I (1) modified your changeset into a patch, (2) applied it to my sources, (3) fixed the ChangeLogs manually (they did not apply when patched), (4) Committed it, and then (5) pushed the changes.

Ben

Thanks for getting these Mac related changes in. Everything compiles and runs for me now.

I can use the fltk backend to make graphs. However, I see segfault every time I exit octave if I have initialized fltk:

$ octave-3.1.52+
GNU Octave, version 3.1.52+
Copyright (C) 2008 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i386-apple-darwin8.11.1".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

octave-3.1.52+:1> backend ('fltk')
octave-3.1.52+:2> exit
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `'...

^C^CPress Control-C again to abort.
^Cpanic: attempted clean up apparently failed -- aborting...
Abort trap

Jonathan