Re: strcat error on printing plots

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: strcat error on printing plots
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:27:04 -0400

On Tuesday, July 21, 2009, at 09:51AM, "Marco Atzeri" <address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]

hmmm ... It would be nice if there were a way to diable the "unwind_protect"
blocks. As it is, you may need to comment out each of the blocks in the files
below ...

__gnuplot_get_var__.m:152
gnuplot_drawnow.m:66
gnuplot_drawnow.m:173
gnuplot_drawnow.m:185
gnuplot_drawnow.m:224

It that isn't enough, try commenting out the blocks below ...

__go_draw_figure__.m:51
__go_draw_figure__.m:91
__go_draw_axes__.m:34

Notice I've included line numbers where the unwind_protect_cleanup command for
each block.

>however checking the memory consumption I suspect some
>leakage memory issue..
>
>After octave start I have
>
>21664 K used memory as working set
>a="prova.png";
> 21668 K
>x=1:100;
> 21684 K
>plot (x,x);
> 62420 K
>print( "prova1.png","-dpng");
> 62432 K
>
>every successive print command increase the memory
>foot print of 8K until it crash
>sometime is only after few trials sometime I reached
>12 print's before crash.
>
>Only the print is causing such memory increase,
>if I repeat the plot or the assigment the memory
>consumption stay flat.

I don't see this problem either.

Ben