Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: glob and fnmatch functions from gnulib
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:20:33 +0900 (JST)

Hello

AFAIK, to use glob and fnmatch in windows, patches are required to use path
separator '\'.
I have been used Benjanmin's Patch.

http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/Windows/mingw32/glob/glob-1.0-4.patch?revision=6463

I quickly look at
gnlib/lib/glob.c

Treatment for path separator '\' does not exit and the patch by Benjamin should
be applied for windows
build.

I leave this comment for the user who would like to build glob and fnmatch in
'gnulib' for octave for
windows.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- "John W. Eaton" wrote:

> I checked in the following change
>
>   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d36f8c473dff
>
> Now if suitable fnmatch and glob functions aren't found in the system
> C library or a separate glob library, the functions will be imported
> from gnulib.
>
> I think this should make building on Windows systems slightly
> simpler as you should no longer need to build a glob library in order
> to build Octave.
>
> jwe

Get Disney character's mail address on Yahoo! Mail
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/disney/