Re: bug tracking

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: bug tracking
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:10:29 -0800

On 3/2/10 11:53 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:
We will also need to rewrite the
bug_report function to just save info to a file and tell people to
paste that info in to the bug report form on the web.
John,

I agree very much that a better bug reporting/tracking system is
needed.  Bugzilla may be the best choice despite its drawbacks.  I have used
it for bug reporting a number of times and its cumbersome behavior will
probably discourage some people.

But, it should be possible to to provide within octave the first steps of
opening bugzilla in the user's browser and making the background configuration,
etc., data available.

If I can find anything that might be better than bugzilla I will say so soon.

Michael