Re: bug tracking

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: bug tracking
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:14:36 -0700

On Mar 24, 2010, at 7:43 PM, ext John W. Eaton wrote:
> | I just checked the bug tracker, and there are several bugs, but they
> | all seem ignored. Maybe this should addresses before the next
> | release?
>
> So, fix them!

I have reported one bug in the bug tracker. I have also included a fix
(uploaded file), that seems to work, at least for me. However, I have never
before worked with Octave's internals, and am not sure if my fix is up to your
standards. Also, I have seen there has been some related discussion on the way
labels in plots should be implemented, so I was not sure what to do.

I would appreciate if someone who actually knows octave would take a look of my
fix. Given some feedback, maybe I would be more confident just fixing things in
the future.

The link to the bug is:

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29057

Maybe it would help if the status field indicated that there is a proposed fix
that others can try?

Regards,

  Jarno