Re: Adding functions to octave base?

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: Adding functions to octave base?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:53:27 -0400

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM, fork <address@hidden> wrote:
(Standard libraries should not be treated as second class citizens, but Octave
Forge definitely is, unfortunately.

Sadly, this seems more of a complaint about octave-forge rather than a flaw of the concept of separating octave-forge and octave. A VCS merge seems the wrong solution to that problem. Perhaps octave-forge package installation could be made easier--but it's by no means awful as is, really.

Soren is badly overworked. If people already don't pitch to maintain code on octave-forge why should we expect them to appear after the code has been dumped into the main octave tree? Personally, I would prefer to see octave proper kept as lean-and-mean as possible.

--judd